Re: Red Hat Users Invited To Test RHEL 5

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 15:07 -0400, William Hooper wrote:
> taharka wrote:
> > How do,

> >> This has what to do with Fedora?
> >>

> > Plenty, Red Hat has to do with Fedora same as Novell has to do with
> > SUSE ;-)
>
> Not really.  RHEL is a completely different distribution with completely
> different goals than Fedora.  RHEL discussions have very little to do with
> Fedora.

RHEL ain't that much different, being that new features/technology
introduced come from none other than Fedora. So, tell me, why is it,
when some one on this list, mentions using Fedora on a server for
mission critical stuff, the immediate response is always, it shouldn't
be used & RHEL/CentOS is recommended?

> Novell is a company that produces the SUSE distribution.

No kidding, that was merely an example to show the relationship between
Red Hat/Fedora & that same relationship between Novell/SUSE.

> > Perhaps some Fedora users are interested in Red Hat's enterprise
> > offerings for stability & support?
>
> Then they should be subscribed to the RHEL lists.  Should everyone start
> posting SUSE, Ubuntu, and Gentoo news here because "some Fedora users are
> interested in..."?

And, just who are you to be determining who should be subscribed to what
lists? It ain't my call to say what's posted to this list. If it's
something that doesn't trip your trigger, you're welcome to do as I do &
simply ignore the posting ;-) Also, you can always pretend the subject
line reads, (Slightly OT:) :-))

> --
> William Hooper

Don't fight the funk!!