Re: export contact list to webpage

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 12:01 +1000, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 12Sep2006 10:43, Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> | I'm trying to set up one of my webpages so that one user can access a
> | phone list of contacts who is using windoze. I'm using the KDE address
> | manager which will export to all kinds of formats. Any ideas on just how
> | to do this? I'm trying nxclient so they can just directly login, but
> | that is proving to be problamatic. If their is something simple to use,
> | for both me and the client, I'd appreciate any ideas.  Ric
>
> A crude hack:
>
> Export the contact list to some simple text format (eg a CSV or
> something) and write a small sed script to emit HTML mailto: links, and
> stuff that into a web page? It doesn't import it in their client, but
> it's effectively an online mail list.
I found this
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialaWebDap.html#INSTALL
This is pretty darn cool. I even went as far as to actually order the
support version. It was reasonable. Try the demo version for free and
there is an online demo to test it out. Really slick, except I have to
learn how to setup ldap. Anyone know of a nice simplistic gui?? Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/