Re: Getting extra screensavers to show up in gnome-screensaver (solved)

Phil wrote:
thank you.

I'm glad that this worked for you. Since the packages are fairly new, I changed to subject title and added solved for others to be able to see in the archives. The packages are not pulled in automatically.

It would be great if yum or some other application would realize that you have gnome-screensaver and xscreensaver-extras installed ant then pull in the packages automatically. For now, archives and fedora-announce are the only indicators.

Jim

    An excerpt from the maintainer/developer update information is below:

    In this update, gnome-screensaver compatibility for xcreensaver-extras
    and xscreensaver-gl-extras was implemented in the new
    xscreensaver-extras-gss and xscreensaver-gl-extras-gss subpackages. You
    need to install these additional packages if you want to use the
    xscreensaver hacks in gnome-screensaver.

--
If you live in a country run by committee, be on the committee.
		-- Graham Summer