Re: Non root users account logins terminating within 10 seconds

magicus wrote:
Aaron Gray wrote:

Are you using Gnome, KDE, or something else?

KDE fails as well.

Aaron

In the past, when I have received that error message I found that logging in as root and cd(ing) to the user account and deleting the file .ICEauthority seem to correct the problem. IIRC the file got assigned to the user root for some reason. YMMV...

HTH

ciao,
furlan

No, its not that. Its missing .Xauthority file(s).

Thanks anyway,

Aaron

Aaron