Re: Watching CNN video [FC5]???

On 9/10/06, Kenny Gow <kgfedora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The best way I know of to diagnose mplayerplug-in problems is to
capture the URL of the video you are trying to play and try to play it
from the command line with mplayer. The mplayerplug-in just calls
mplayer with some specific options which you can see if you list all
processes (ps aux) while the video is trying to play.

Once you have the URL, trying to play it from the command line with
mplayer will show you any problems it finds. It may help to run
mplayer in verbose mode (-v). One of the most common problems is the
cache size setting.

Also, if you right-click on the mplayerplug-in window itself, you
might check the settings under "Configure".

Here's a CNN video you can try from today's Shuttle launch:

mplayer -cache 512
mms://wmscnn.stream.aol.com.edgestreams.net/cnn/tech/2006/09/09/vo.shuttle.launch.nasa.ws.wmv

--Kenny

invoking mplayer separately as you told works but browser embedeed
mplayer cannot play. I checked the cache setting in browser embedded
mplayer and its 512 by default. So I guess it has nothing to do with
cache.