From: Thufir <hawat.thufir@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: screen resolution
Newsgroups: gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general

I'm just starting to research screen resolution.  I want to safely
increase my screen resolution, but first need to make notes on how to
recover, via the fedora rescue CD, in the event things go wrong.

At this point I'm just thinking aloud, but please do chime in!  :)
[...]

'If you want resolutions above 800*600, you will need to Change it from generic monitor, to generic 1024×768 Monitor (or whatever resolution you want), and then you will be able to select higher resolutions from the drop down list.'
<http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/redhat-fedora-linux-help/52999-cant-increase-screen-resolution-beyond-800x600.html>

So, apparently, I just need to change the monitor type.  To confirm, FC5 is the first Fedora version to use modular X?  I'm running FC5.

-Thufir

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.2/442 - Release Date: 08/09/2006