Re: How to start DVD install?

Bob Goodwin wrote:

I have FC5 on DVD but the computer that needs the install can't read a dvd.

can it read cd's ?

I can however ssh into another that does read the dvd and read all the files on the disk.

Of course my question is how do I do the install.

[yes]
- mount your dvd under a mount what is visible for the http server on that box
- boot the box (that needs the install) with the rescue cd
- do an http installation

[no]
- dependent on your current os, try to give grub (?) the boot.iso from the install cd
- http installation

--
hope that helps. let me know if *not*.

	ronald