Re: What is the language "British"?

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]


On Wednesday 06 September 2006 10:50 am, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 September 2006 12:25, Michael P. Brininstool wrote:
> >> sez basically that fuse is the thing you light to blow
> >>something up and the fuze is an electronic version of same.
> >
> > And as a C.E.T. of 34 years, and chasing electrons for a living for 57 or
> > so, I have yet to see the hot wire device designed to open a circuit when
> > too much current flows called anything but a fuse, with an 's'.  Thats
> > not
> Yep.
> > saying it couldn't be so spelled in other locales, but here, there's only
> > one way to spell it unless the writer failed spelling.
> Then is wrong. A fuze is a device for detonating a
> weapon. A fuse is an electrical device. I've been doing electronics
> for 40 years, and *never* have encountered the term "fuze" to mean
> an electronics component.
> Furthermore, I looked in a "real" dictionary, and that's what it
> verified.
And that brings the thread back to the start
[can you say recursion?] ;-)
> Mike
> --
> p="p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}";main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}
> This message made from 100% recycled bits.
> You have found the bank of Larn.
> I can explain it for you, but I can't understand it for you.
> I speak only for myself, and I am unanimous in that!

[Index of Archives]     [Current Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Docs]

  Powered by Linux