Re: Got bad sector on HDD in XFS partition, any utility to mark it bad/recover it like seatools does?

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 12:35:31 +0100,
  Vijay Gill <vijay.s.gill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry I must have mentioned that I did badblocks also, I got the
> sector/block number also which was bad. Now how do I get that bad
> sector/block marked as bad in the file system also so that the OS does
> not try to allocate it for data in the future.

I think you figured this out based on other parts of the thread, but you don't
want to mark this block bad in the file system, you want the disk drive to
remap it.