Re: Kernel panic after FC2->FC5

Jack Howarth wrote:
   The problems I was having with a kernel panic after upgrading
a Fedora Core 2 machine to Fedora Core 5 were entirely due to
the SElinux support. I simply booted in linux rescue mode and disabled SElinux. Problem solved. I am currently updating all
1.2 Gb of rpms via yum at the moment.
   Is there a recommended procedure for re-enabling SElinux in
this case (at least long enough to know it works). I am assuming
that...

touch /.autorelabel
reboot

is the best approach (although I assume I need to re-enable
SElinux for the relabeling to occur).

Yes, re-enable SELinux in permissive mode to do this. Change to enforcing after you've convinced yourself it's working OK.

Paul.