Re: RPM and proxy

On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 10:27 -0500, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> On 9/5/06, Matthew Polashek <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Can anyone help me configure my box to navigate proxy .pac files?  I'm
> > trying to install CCRMA for my school computer but I need to get rpm to
> > work with the proxy.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Matt
> >

> RPM doesn't really use the network to my understanding, so how can it
> use a proxy? Did you mean yum? If you did , google "yum+proxy"

RPM does know how to access packages specified by URLs, but I
don't think either RPM or yum know anything about autoconfiguring
proxy settings though .pac files.  You'll probably have to get
the proxy address/port and either put it in the yum config file
or export it like:
export http_proxy=http://my_proxy_address:port
before doing the rpm or yum command.

--