Re: MS Windows through QEMU

Jack Gates wrote:
> I did this and I see that it created a file name max-user-freq
> in /proc/sys/dev/rtc/ and the only thing in the file is 1024
>
> So what does this mean?

May I recommend that you read Documentation/rtc.txt from the kernel
sources? You can find a recent copy at
http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/rtc.txt

It explains what the RTC is, that it can generate signals at a
relatively high frequency, that this is a problem for slow computers,
and so you have to turn on the support for high frequency interrupts.

And that file is how you do so.

Using these RTC signals means that a program can "wake up" very
frequently (to handle sound generation or whatever) without taking too
much computing time.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail:     james@ | Og just boggle how stupid spammer is. How stupid spamhaus
aprilcottage.co.uk | is. How stupid spamhaven is. Og thought there was such