Re: how to obtain single-line scroll with wheel mouse? (FC5)

At 7:01 PM -0700 8/31/06, JJ wrote:
Hello All:
I use FC5 on three different desktop computers and on
all of them the scroll wheel on my mouse moves about 8
lines per notch.  To me, this is too much and I would
like the mouse to scroll only one or two lines.  The
mouse behaves this way in a variety of programs
(python command window, gedit, Lyx, and so on).  Does
anyone know how to change the scroll rate of a wheel
mouse?  You can not do it through the Mouse
Preferences dialog box.  Do you have to change
something in the Fedora code and rebuild the system?

For programs running in terminal (gnome-terminal) windows, the scroll wheel moves by 1/2 screen, so a larger window would scroll more lines. It does not appear to be configurable (no setting seen in gconf). You might try a different terminal program.

Here, gedit scrolls by about 4 lines. It does not appear to be configurable (no setting seen in gconf).

I have not checked the source for either program.