Re: Seven Percent

Todd Zullinger wrote:

FWIW, I tried the same thing with SUSE 10.1 and it failed the suspend
test but it did enable the ipw3945 driver easier than FC.  Next up is
Gentoo. :)

The Good Thing (tm) about Gentoo is it's Wiki. I've never used Fedora's (mainly because I"ve never needed to), but Gentoo's is even better than Ubuntu's as far as content and useful information. As for suspend on Gentoo, if it's hard on FC, it's probably going to be about the same with Gentoo. The docs for setting it up are better, I think, but it's still a laborious process. I finally got it working on my laptop, but have abandoned using it since suspend on 64-bit is still shaky when running a GUI.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator