Re: configuring a router behind a DSL modem and bittorrent

On Tuesday August 29 2006 8:25 pm, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Tuesday August 29 2006 6:09 pm, taharka wrote:
> > Doe's the following link help you?
> >
> > http://www.dslreports.com/faq/vz/4.+Hardware#13600
>
> Yes, thank you. My model DSL modem is different, but it appears that the
> principles are identical. I'll have to wait till after the household has
> gone to bed to try it, as net access is needed right now.

Taharka: I got around to trying this, and everything seemed to be OK, except I
couldn't get out to the net. There's an additional page linked to from that
site, and I'll have to take a look, as it is for the exceptions that don't
just work. It turns out they had a section for my DSL Modem, and I just
missed that on first glance. One thing that's seemingly disconcerting, is
that you don't seem to be able to connect to the DSL modem using the web
address once you put in in bridge mode and save. The only way I could get
back was to reset the thing with the hardware button, and that then forced me
to go through the whole registration process again with Verizon. But, I'm
back to where I was.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA