Re: Keyboard Problem in Fedora Core 4

David Desscan wrote:
I had another question on keyboard and Fedora Core 4 but it was never posted. So first of all you are lucky your question has been forwarded to this list. Apparently mine has not been retained and I don't know the reason. So I hope it won't be a problem if I ask it again here. I have a compaq nx9010 notebook and my problem is that certain keys doesn't work for e.g. the ¦ key. Since I purchased this notebook in Switzerland it has a Swiss keyboard and obviously I installed the correct keyboard map ;-). Well the first thing I did is to set the keyboard map to default which is the standard US 105 keys with */loadkeys -v -d/* . I set it back to CH using */loadkeys -v fr_CH/* . I checked the keyboard settings in the */xorg.conf/* file. I have read that the scancodes can be interpreted differently depending on the API used i.e. console terminal or X(I mean opening terminal from a GUI).I have only FC4 console installed and have not been able to test it inside a GUI. On 8/29/06, *Manish Kathuria* <manish@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:manish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have installed FC4 on a Pentium 200 MX system having an AT keyboard.

Please specify; qwertz, qwerty, or any other.

    The keyboard is working perfectly on other systems.  However it does not
work on this system when FC4 is running. What do you mean by not working? Do you mean keyboard detected but certain keys not responding or scancodes interpreted differently?

    However it works well while
    booting up and when FC4 is run in single user mode. Any suggestions ?

check xorg.conf file and verify that the correct keyboard map is loaded.

Its a US International QWERTY keyboard. The keyboard is detected when the system boots up and also works perfectly in single user mode (run level 1). However in run level 3 none of the keys respond. I had not checked xorg.conf because X is not running at all.