Re: Samba: the network name cannot be found

On 8/29/06, Jack Gates <jlgates@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, Rodolfo. How can I find out the IP number of my FC5 machine to
> try to access it from VMWare?

While in FC5 use a terminal shell and run the ifconfig command from
root.  you will see your entire IP configuration for all the IP
addresses created including the ones for VMWare.

Thanks, Jack and Rodolfo. It is now working fine! Please, Rodoldo,
notice that the other solution that you mention does not apply in the
case of a VMWare server; it is valid only for VMWare workstations.

Paul