Re: What is the language "British"?

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 22:56 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Some day it would be interesting and fun to get comments on why each
> of these forms of English is needed in a computer.

Because when you use your computer, you want it to use your language,
not someone else's.  Second to that annoyance, you see kids in your
country incorrectly spelling things, because they're using the language
of another country, learning it from their computer.

Some time ago our newspapers started using American spelling, which *is*
"incorrect" to do in Australia.  One reason given was that it was a
complete pain trying to work around the American spell checker.

I read messages from the public lists.