Re: smartd: 3 Offline uncorrectable sectors

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 15:39:50 -0700,
  "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang+gnus200608@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem in my case is that there aren't any bad sectors found in
> the extended tests.  The claimed errors for /dev/sdb don't seem to
> show up in the smartctl tests.  Even the long test passes with flying
> colors.

That may just be a firmware issue with the drives. They may have been errors
that occurred in the past that weren't cleared when the problem was fixed.
I wouldn't worry about it too much. There might be ways of fixing it using
the manufacturer's tools (which may only run under windows) or by reflashing
the drive, but they probably aren't worth the trouble.