Non-SMP on SMP hardware

I just finished installing FC5 on a machine and now I can't boot it up. The motherboard supports two CPUs, however only one's installed. But for some stupid reason, the installer decided to put only the smp kernel on, instead of both the smp as well as the single (one-up) kernel, so I can't boot the machine now. It locks up during the boot process, doing what appears to be something with CPU1 which doesn't exist. It goes through CPU0 just fine then quits. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to rectify this problem now? The machine does not have a CD drive in it so I can't boot the rescue (or any other) disk.

With past FC versions it always installed two kernels, one smp and one non-smp so I always had the choice to boot with the single one (then proceed to remove the smp one since I don't need it.) Apparently FC5 disagrees with that arrangement.

For those curious, I booted it through floppies [1] and did an NFS install.

   [1] http://www.thisiscool.com/fcfloppy.htm

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley@xxxxxxxxxx>   .   303.442.6410 x130