Re: Can't mount a floppy disk

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 10:22 +0100, Keith Powell wrote:
> On Sunday 27 August 2006 5:11 pm, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> >
> > Hopefully, gnome-libs or other dependencies are
> > present in your system.
> >
> > Fireup a terminal and do
> > $ gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0
> >
> > This should mount your floppy and create the mount
> > point /media/floppy.
> > To unmount
> > $ gnome-mount -u /dev/fd0
> >
> > If this fails, then become superuser, su -
> > and put in your password
> > # mkdir -p /media/floppy   *could be /mnt/floppy
> >   * depends on your preferences
> > # mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /media/flopppy

As i understand Linux, non privileged users cannot mount filesystems but
only privileged users, my suggestion would be to go the terminal using
KDE or XFS or Gnome and su root, and from there
mount /dev/fd0 /media/floppy.

Also you can make an entry in /etc/fstab as follows
/dev/fd0  	/media/floppy            auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed 0
0

so that from there you just issue

mount /media/floppy