Re: Find every instance of hostname

Greetings Anne,

Anne Wilson wrote:
I have a small problem on my laptop which springs from the sender of an email being set as logwatch.localhost.localdomain.

Sounds like logwatch . In which case, well it might save you sometime if your go /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf

The above named file is supposed to hold the local configuration of logwatch. You mind find something useful there .
Or even in the logwatch manpage there is :

--hostname hostname
              Use hostname for the reports instead of this  system’s  hostname.   In  addition,  if
              HostLimit  is  set  in  the  logwatch.conf  configuration file (see MORE INFORMATION,
              below), then only logs from this hostname will be processed (where appropriate).

The text above is a part from the manpage , that says something about hostname , probably it could be of use .

logwatch-7.2.1-1.fc4

Kostas