Re: Modem-lights FC5

Charles A. Crayne wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:16:37 -0700
Richard England <rengland@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

:I have modem lights configured and working under FC5 for a dial-up :connection but I find that even when connected it still flashes yellow :at me (connecting) instead of going to green (connected) and it never :tracks the input/output like it does in FC3 (with the bar chart).

It's been a long time since I had this problem, but I seem to recall that
it is a configuration issue. Somewhere along the line, the lock file name
changed. /var/lock/LCK..myS0 works for me.

-- Chuck

Thank you, Chuck, but when I have the modem connected and I check /var/lock, the only file it seems to have created for the lock file is
/var/lock/LCK..ttyS14
That is what I have set up for the lock file in modem lights. When the connection is broken it goes away so I'm pretty certain that is the correct lock file....

--
--R
/Linux, and Open Software, an alternative./