Re: Bug in Graphical Network Configuration???

Again, that doesn't "set the hostname".  The hostname is set elsewhere.
All the hosts file is doing is associating a name with an numerical IP
address, and optional aliases (the one word abbreviated names listed
after the fully qualified ones with dots in them - you can have several
aliases, if you want).

e.g. 192.168.1.2 zeenet.locallan.org zeenet zeeweb webserver

Thanks for the such a long explanation and sorry for some
misunderstanding.  What I was reffering as hostname was actually an
aliases (may be windows hang over). Ohter windows machines recognized
this one by the alias.

I understand that the hostname is set in the /etc/sysconfig/network
file which in my case is

=========
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=zeent.locallan.org
========

My question is not about this at all nor on how to do the networking
but rather the issue related with

1. wiping out the "127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost" line and
2. restoring my old hostname and alias from middle of nowhere

which all happened using graphical configuration.

So to the question is:

1. Is this the bug of grahical tool (system-config-netowork)?
and
2. does same thing happens to somebofy using FC5 (try it and see if it
happens)???
and lastly
3. Is this the bug of graphical tool???

Thanks!