Re: VMwareWorkstation menus

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 14:04 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> Just upgraded my VMwareWorkstation RPM to v 5.5.2-29772.  Previously, I
> had menu entries under Applications -> System Tools for VMware and VMware
> Player, but now those are missing.
>
> Anybody else have the same experience?  Any idea what I did wrong?

Hey Matthew,

My upgrade went smooth as did a fresh install I did last week of that
RPM....

I believe the vmware-config.pl script is the one responsible for
creating said .desktop files.  The second question of that script asks
where to install the desktop files and the default on my system
is /usr/share/applications which I kept, and I have both icons.

Did you, by any chance, abort a subsequent running of vmware-config.pl?
Let it run through and the icons should be back....

--Rob