Re: cups ppd files

Tim Waugh wrote:
On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 13:02 +0100, Steve Hanselman wrote:

Any ideas how I mark my printers as not to be touched?

Did you use the web interface to modify a queue that you had originally
set up using system-config-printer?  If so: don't do that.

Fedora Core 6 will include a re-written system-config-printer that
avoids all these issues.

For information, see:
  http://www.redhat.com/magazine/022aug06/features/fc6_print/

Tim.
*/

It took me some time to get my printers working again after yesterday's
update.  In fact things are still not normal.  I finally deleted one printer
in order to force the one I needed to come up.

I don't know why but it insisted on making the first printer listed the
default no matter what I did.  As it happened the first printer [not normally
the default] was out of ink!

Bob Goodwin