Re: linux IP address (change)

Les Mikesell wrote:

Also no one has mentioned the circumstances in which the values from
/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default are used instead of the
ones you expect.  Probably because they can't find the documentation
about that either... Does anyone know what makes those files and what
triggers their use?

No knowledge here... RTFScriptsDown/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts is not quite so catchy, I agree :-) The docs for RHEL on the Redhat site are really really good though and probably do cover it.

However I do know that when doing dirty hacks by hand or by script, targeting /etc/sysconfig/networking/device/*, rather than any aliases/profile entires gives the right result for immediate ifup and on reboot in my experience.

-Andy