Re: Quick Time movies - how to edit?

On 8/23/06, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One editing program out there is "Avidemux".  I successfully
downloaded and compiled it (on FC5).  Had to install a lot of devel
packages to get it to handle the many different formats out there.
Still trying it out, but it seems to be a (very) basic editor - cut,
paste, import/export, etc - but no star-wipes or special effects.

If anyone is interested, I built a RPM from the tarball but I must
*stress* the fact that this is the first RPM I have ever built from
source, and had to tweak the tarball to do so.

Thank you! I have had Fedora Core 5 installed about 3-4 months. Untille recently I have not succeeded in doing anything else than Internet tasks. I have tryed to install many programs but even with the good advice I received from the Fedora community, always something was lacking in my Fedora distro from Linux Format DVD. And I found it too difficult or time consuming to continue the mini project. Especially becouse my reliable WindowsXP works well and I get things done there (the editing of Quick Time movies beeing the only exception). Even installing perl-Video-DVDRip-0.97.12-1.fc5.x86_64 I did not succeed to the end, but in Windows it works well.

But now at last your avidemux2-2.1.2-7.i386.rpm installed well without complaying anything! I continue running it a bit later!