Re: How to restart alsa?

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 13:35, Paul Smith wrote:

> > > I'll try that. I have one FC5 install with planetccrma, and the other
> > > FC5 without. I'll borrow the alsasound script from the planetccrma one.
>
> I have searched for the alsasound script but I cannot find it. Any help?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

If this is a straight FC5 install, without installing the planetccrma kernel,
and associated kernel-modules-alsa, there isn't an alsasound script.

Alsa is obviously being started at bootup on FC5 in some different way, but I
havn't discovered how yet.

Whether this is specific to FC5, I don't know. When I installed FC3, and 4,
Alsa worked out of the box, and there was no good reason to root around the
filesystem seeing what bits were, or were not there.  Then I installed the
planetccrma stuff, which I always do, and the script is at /etc/rc.d/init.d ,
as it always had been since I've been using FC with planetccrma.

Nigel.