Re: syslogd messages, FC5, kernel 2.6.17-1.2174_FC5

Antonio Olivares wrote:

What do you recommend for me to do?
I think if I saw these behaviours, I wouldn't go
on
until I had reassured myself that the RAM was working
properly.

Tried memtest and 50 + minutes, 2 passes and the tests
return no errors. What should I do now?

What X video driver are you using? If it isn't "vesa" then I would first try with "vesa", and if the problems remain, boot without X at all by pressing 'a' at the grub prompt and adding

3

to the kernel commandline, and see if the problems still come.

Are there any drivers running that did not ship with Fedora?

-Andy