Hardware problem

Hi,

I've got an x86_64 box for my son & daughter (okay, she's 9 months old,
but she's never to young to learn to love the penguin!). Fedora Core 6
test 2 installed fine on it, but on reboot, nothing on the IDE is
recognised.

If I reset the BIOS, the drives show, but then when the machine normally
shows what drives are on the system (this is before grub kicks in, but
after the usual "press DEL for the BIOS"), nothing shows - it's like the
settings less than 2 seconds before have gone.

I have SATA and onboard RAID turned off and have replaced the mobo
battery.

Does this sound like a BIOS problem? The leads all look to be firmly
inserted and I've also tested with no cards in other than the video.

According to the BIOS, the internal temperature of the processor is
something like 31oC and the fan is happy. The machine has a CD/DVD and
DVDRW on IDE1 and a Maxtor 60Gb and Zip250 on IDE0. The floppy is a
joint floppy/USB card reader jobbie.

The board is a GA-8KNSP (from memory) with an AMD Sempron 2GHz on it.
768Mb memory, GF4 card.

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who