Re: usb keyboard aargh!

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 10:23 +0200, Trond Danielsen wrote:
> On 8/20/06, Tom Horsley <tomhorsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > So I find an option in my BIOS that says enable USB keyboard
> > support, turn it on, and grub works perfectly, but now linux
> > doesn't see the keyboard.
> >
> What does lsusb say if you boot the computer with "USB keyboard
> enabled" in the BIOS? Is it any different than if you boot it with
> "usb keyboard disabled"?

Looks like it isn't a consistent problem. If I go through
a USB hub, sometimes it sees the keyboard sometimes
it doesn't (same for mouse apparently). If I plug them
directly into one of the usb ports on the motherboard,
it always works fine (sigh... why does all this plug &
play "it just works" stuff never work? :-).

The motherboard BIOS never seems to have a problem seeing the
keyboard via the hub so something about the linux usb
bootstrapping must have some kind of timing problem.
Grrr....