Re: The state of NFS4?

Anthony Messina wrote:

Uno Engborg wrote:
I try to set up a FC3 (named aslan) machine as server and I use a FC4
box as client (named odin).
It work as far as I can mount the exported disk from the FC3 on the FC4
box, but they are owned by nobody.
The idmapd.conf:s are identical both on server and client. So the
problem seam to be somewhere else.

i found that on my fedora core servers, i had to restart rpc.idmapd
after everything else or else no users were reliably mapped.  i inserted
"service rpcidmapd restart" into my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and
restarted.  with that setup, as long as the /etc/idmapd.conf files were
the same, everything worked well.  this was all for fc4.

i don't need to do any screwing around for fc5.  it works just fine.

Thanks! That seamed to do the trick, at leat in part, as files now get proper ownerships.

Still no ACLs though. My shared disk have an ext3 filesystem and is mounted as:
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 on / type ext3 (rw,usrquota,acl,user_xattr)
on the server machine.

Suggestions anyone?
Are ACLs in NFS4 supposed to work in Fedora? If so, in what versions?

Regards
Uno Engborg