Re: FAILED for eth0

On 8/17/06, Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, it is working fine as long as I can be aware of it; I only notice
> > a message at the shudown time.
> >
> > No, I do not have any other Ethernet device. I use eth0 to connect to
> > Internet (through a ISP) and I do not have any network here. So, all
> > machines are external. Furthermore, I do everything with the Internet
> > with no problem at all.
>
> I am just wondering whether there is something like
>
> system-config-network --reconfig
>
> :-) ...

I have just rebooted and collected the information from the error
message: it has something to be with "MAC address".

That is solved!

With 'ifconfig -a' I got

HWaddr 00:14:85:38:2C:93

but in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 it was

HWADDR=00:30:4F:2B:8C:84

(Different addresses!)

Then, I put in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

HWADDR=00:14:85:38:2C:93

and the problem has become solved.

Should not Fedora do that automatically and by default, with a sort of
'system-config-network --reconfig'?

Paul