Re: For sale Brand New Juicy Couture Sidekick II for $120

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 23:02, jdow wrote:
> From: "Nigel Henry" <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx>

> >> But his wife could be a "goer" :-)
> >>
> >> Mike
> >
> > I'm confused now. Who's wife is this? The lifeguard who can't swim. The
> > spammer who drowns, or perhaps even Gene's wife. Oops. I shouldn't have
> > said that one, as she might come over here and smack me round the back of
> > the head for inferring such terrible things.
> >
> > Joking aside, the spamming is getting out of hand. Recently I saw that
> > 64% of e-mail traffic was spam.  I've recently installed Bogofilter on my
> > machine,
>
> FWIW Bogofilter uses SpamAssassin internally. Experience indicates that
> the FREE SpamAssassin (already part of FC distros) and the Spam Assassin
> Rules Emporium rule sets, carefully user selected as needed, are more
> effective than Bogofilter, which I understand is (quite) not free.

I did not realise it was using SpamAssassin. What do you mean by "(quite) not
free"?  I hope they're not using tracking cookies like DAP from Speedbit.com
(Windows OS), which incidentally I'm no longer using, nor the Windows OS.

> http://www.rulesemporium.com/
>
> This may help other users. I suspect you're already welded in to
> bogofilter.
>
> {o.o}

I wanted a spamfilter that would work directly with Kmail, and filter
downloaded mail.  Someone suggested Bogofilter, so I went with it, and after
a few problems setting up the filters in Kmail, it appears to be working ok.
On the other machine I have installed SpamAssassin, but havn't got around to
setting up the filters in Kmail for it yet. I leave the mail on the ISPs POP3
server when I download the mail on that machine. I don't look forward to
building up another database again, but it will be interesting to see how
SpamAssassin compares to Bogofilter.

Question.  Is there a way to FTP Kmails Spam list, and NonSpam list to the
other machines Kmail, so that I don't have to build up a new database from
scratch for SpamAssassin?

Nigel.