Re: Running kernel-smp and trying to remove kernel

On 8/16/06, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does 'yum remove kernel' suffice to remove the old kernels since I am
> now using kernel-smp?

Try it -- what could possibly go wrong? :)

I'm serious -- yum will prompt you first since it's a package removal, and
you'll get to review what it's going to do. (And I'll dispell any suspense
-- yes, it'll work.)

Oh, Matthew, I am an ignorant, that is true, but not that much! :-)

I know that 'yum remove kernel' will remove kernels, but I was not
sure whether that procedure entails a complete removal, as I took,
some time ago, the following note from this list:

package-cleanup --oldkernels

Paul