Re: How create a directory with full permiss for everybody

On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 17:52 -0700, The Nice Spider wrote:
> > I would like to create a directory with full
> permissions for everybody.
> > So I search google and:
> > create a user tdp
> > create a group tdpgr
> > create directory /home/tdpgr
> > assigned all users to that group
> > chown -R tdp:tdpgr /home/tdpgr
> > chmod -R 2775 /home/tdpgr
> >
> > When a doc is created from any user it will get the
> permission -rwxrwxr-
> > When some user opens the doc it is opened as
> read-only
> > Why ??????
> >

> > Roland Brouwers
> how does user access the doc file? i mean , do you use
> Samba and then remote
> user open the file using Windows? or just open it in
> your local pc using Open
> Office?
I do not use samba for this matter
I just did the remark because in Samba you have an option:
force user
force group
create mode
directory mode
I just wonder that something like this does not exist in ltsp.
Or is it not possible to mount a directory as a filesystem with some
option?

Roland Brouwers
C.A.T. bvba
Antwerp-Belgium