Re: module signing?

tomhorsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If I can load them, what is the point in module signing (which I imagine has
something to do with security)?

http://lwn.net/Articles/92617/ explains this. There is no plans to enforce any restrictions on third party kernel modules being loaded.

As near as I can tell, it just means there is no point in module signing :-).

Then perhaps you might want to read the article better. Copying the current developer, David Howells if you need more information.

Rahul