Has anyone tried to use ATI video capture recently

ATI claims AIW1900 PCIe works with Linux.

Has anyone tried to get the video capture drivers from Gatos
to work recently?

The only way I ever got any of the software at Gatos to work
in the distant past was to use the official linux kernel
without the Red Hat patches, is this still the case?

I only ask because the ATI boards has superior capture
quality to Hauppaugge and AverMedia, I have never been
able to get NVidia Capture to work.