Re: Linux Notebook

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 09:43, Brian D. McGrew wrote:
> Morning All:
>
> I've been tasked with finding a current model notebook that will run
> FC3.  I've been though a couple iterations of different Dell models with
> no luck.
>
> Can someone recommend a current model Dell notebook that they're running
> FC3 on?

Does it /have/ to be a Dell?  I've been happier running FC3 on the Compaq I
have now, it's an R4000 and while I'm currently beating my head against the
wall getting Gentoo to use the ATI driver, FC3 and 5 run on it beautifully.

--
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415