Re: Custom rpm install problems

Dan Track wrote:
On 8/14/06, DeXteR <dexter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dan Track wrote:

> error: Failed dependencies:
>        perl(BSD::Resource) is needed by MX-Mod_perl
>        perl(Devel::Symdump) is needed by MX-Mod_perl
>
> When I do a locate I can find the appropriate files (e.g .pm's), so I
> can't see why its not installing.
You say you have the right .pm files installed (I assume through RPM).
The rpm that won;t install here has a REQUIRE "BSD::Resource".
This file is installed as a .pm, but the RPM does not provide the
database field "PROVIDES "BSD::Resource"".
Either you change the rpm you are trying to install to require the .pm,
or change the intalled rpm to provide the cpam name. Or use the --force
options :P

/Arjen

Hi Arjen,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Would you know what the options
would be to insert into the rpm.spec to make it aware of the cpan
modules?

Why don't you save yourself the hassle and just install the RPMs?

# yum install 'perl(BSD::Resource)' 'perl(Devel::Symdump)'

Paul.