Re: text browser

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 03:50 +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:
> how does a javascript create a new window on a text mode browser pray tell?

I was talking about java, not javascript. Those are two very different
things. Even though the names are similar, what they do and how they are
used are not.

If you are using links (which is just a symlink to elinks on FC5) and
you hit a site that tries to open a new window, using javascript, it
shows an error and says that it can not do that.

To see a feature comparison chart (from Linux Journal) go here:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8148/#N0x850ca10.0x8573f5c

You can read their entire article about text based browsers here:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8148/
--
Doug

Random Thought:
Got a dictionary?  I want to know the meaning of life.