Re: lock screen as root does nto require password to unlock?

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 12:20 -0400, Phil wrote:
> FC5
>
> When I am logged in as root instead of logging out I want to lock the
> screen.
> As root I do not require a password to unlock the screen.
> When I do this as another user I need to re-enter my password to
> unlock the screen.
>
> How can I make it so as root I need to re-enter the root password when
> I try to unlock the screen?

By now, you should have read all about how this is a bad idea (there's
enough references on the net that you should be able to find something
explaining it, I don't have one handy else I'd provide an example).
There's better ways of managing a computer without taking the risk of
logging in as root, graphically, then hoping that a *screensaver* is
going to provide you with security.  Think about it, screensavers are
*toys*.

Though it is possible to do (lock the screensaver when you've logged in
as root), but it'll depend on what window manager you're using, and how
you configure screensavers.  Tell the list what you're using, and
someone might be able to help out.  Just remember, though, that this is
a bit like helping out someone to shoot themselves in the foot.

I read messages from the public lists.