Re: Image Browser

Greetings Todd ,

Todd Zullinger wrote:

Kostas Sfakiotakis wrote:
Is there an Image Browser available for Fedora Core 4 ?

There are many to choose from.  Using yum you can search for image
viewers:

    yum search "image viewer"

Well if i just wanted to view an image i could use Gimp. The question
was how to browse through a catalog of say 100 images for example .
Anyway i conducted a

yum search Image Browser | more ( more to filter the output, no quotes )

and it brought out several other promising and other not very .

Gnome has gthumb and eog (eye of gnome), KDE has kview.

gthumb is pretty cool . Kview i have noticed but it has a problem
If you ask Kview to open 100 images it will open 100 windows with
one window on each one , i guess you are not suggesting this option .
I tried eog but i got a bit scared with it . I guess i will stick with
gthumb from the programs you mentioned .

Kostas

All of these
are in the base FC4 repo (called core in FC5).  There are many more
available in the extras repo.  Pick a few and install them to see what
works best for you.

- -- Todd OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp
If I had a choice, I'd... buy myself a gun, dress up like a nun, kill
the KKK and consider it some fun.
    -- Fishbone, If I Were A... I'd