How to use Xen with eth1?

Hi guys,

I’ve managed to get xen up and running, but I am running into problems more and more with the networking side of things.

I have two network cards in my box, a Broadcom 10/100 which is eth0 and an Intel 1000MT which is eth1.

During the install process of my first VM I had to use eth0 as the network interface on the xen0 machine, otherwise the xenU machine would not find the ftp server to install from.

Since I have discovered that you can change the network script so that it uses eth1 instead of eth0, which is what I have done, and this works perfectly. The file I amended was:

vi /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp

I changed:

(network-script network-bridge)

(network-script 'network-bridge netdev=eth1')

This is described in the file itself.

Today I decided that I wanted to setup a second xenU client. I believed that as I had modified the network script it would function correctly, but I get the same FTP server not found errors that I had when I tried to setup the first xenU client using eth1.

Is there a simple way to get the xenU install process to use eth1? Or to get xen to use eth1 for all xenU clients?

Thanks for your help in advance,

-Chris

This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl