Re: (no subject)

Kam Leo wrote:
On 8/10/06, Nathan J Crubel <njcrubel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I was wondering what Fedora would run great on an IBM POS machine with a Cyrix 166 and 32mb of memory. I am looking on running a Java Application. Any help you can switch my way would be great.

Thanks Always

Nathan

None. Try another disto, e.g. Damn Small Linux.

This is an excellent suggestion. I have some experience
getting DSL up on small machines. I occasionally run it
on a 160 MHz 486 (actuall, AMD586, but it's a 486 class machine)
with 16MB of RAM. The 486 BIOS won't even boot from the
CDROM. So I may be able to help.

So, Nathan, if you'd like some help with DSL, shoot me a
private e-mail and maybe I can.

Not claiming to be an expert, but I've been through some
special stuff which you might have to figure out. I might
save you a few tens of hours of head scratching.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.