Re: How create a directory with full permiss for everybody

Tony Nelson wrote:
At 5:22 PM +0200 8/11/06, brouwers roland lx wrote:
I created a directory chmod 777 owner tdp group tdpgr
as a user frank I created a file, the owner is frank the group is tdpgr
the permissions were -rw-r--r--
as a user roland I opened the file and of course it was read only.

So please explain me how you do it, because I can't.

When a file is created, it is given the owner of its creator and the
default group of its creator.  For it to be "in" another group, chgrp must
be called to set that group.

Not necessarily. If you make the directory owned by a particular group and then set the sgid bit on the directory (chmod g+s /path/to/dir) then new files created in that directory will have the same group as the directory itself by default.

Paul.