Re: Frontpage server extensions... FC5

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:03:00 -0600, "Mike Cisar"
<mlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> opined:
> > > Just wondering if anyone has been able to get the MS Frontpage
> > > server extensions to install/compile under FC5 with Apache
> > > 2.2.2 ? As much as Frontpage has it's idiosyncrasies we have
> > > users that still need it.
>
> > I haven't done this in some time. Is the problem with compile or
> > getting it to work? IIRC, a fp file is created in /var/log that
> > has to be permissioned to 755. Have you searched the list
> > archives?
>
> It's a problem with the compile itself.  Have it working on a
> number of FC4 servers with Apache 2.0.x no problem.  The problem
> seems to start by apr_compat.h and apu_compat.h being missing from
> FC5, which from what I've been able to gather those compatibilities
> were deprecated somewhere between Apache 2.0.x and 2.2.x
>
> I tried cheating by copying those files in from my FC4 install on
> the slim hope that would work a miracle... but that just makes many
> more errors come up in the compile which are well above my C
> abilities to figure out.
>
> And of course now that the extension have officially been
> discontinued by Microsoft, any official support that RTR used to
> provide is now gone completely, including their knowledgebase and
> such.  Though I think I managed to get the most recent version
> shortly before they shut their services down.

I guess they are trying to tell you something. I wish that I could be
more helpful. I have one domain/user that could really use it but I
refuse to provide it. Mambo scares the hell out of me (Lieberman was
a victim of the exploit du jour) and I cannot make any sense of Zope.
AIOCP has problems with PHP5 and, while Drupal is great, it is
relatively difficult for end users/publishers to create content,

If you find a good alternative, please let me know.
--
      Do NOT Send Email to <spam trap> Fedora@TQMcube,com
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at The Source: http://www.TQMcube.com