Re: help - can't make radeon driver work

On 11-Aug-2006 13:01.41 (BST), Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
 > I sure am happy to see Intel open sourcing drivers, though... that will
 > affect my buying decisions in the future!

All of their graphics hardware is chipset-integrated though, isn't it?
Not of great use to those of us with AMD and PowerPC CPUs!

Given there are few truly opensource 802.11g drivers, I've opted to buy
a miniPCI Intel ipw card and a separate PCI to miniPCI card just to get
opensource drivers in the past.

I'm sure Intel would have an instant target market if they released AGP
and PCI-E versions of their modern graphics units. I'm in no hurry for
bleeding edge 3d performance, but a card with enough grunt to handle Xv
and enough DRI for AIGLX would be good.

--
rob andrews                       :: pgp 0x01e00563 :: rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx