Re: [Fedora] Re: Adding X to existing installation

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 11:54 -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

> > I note that you say "server" above. I really, really recommend against
> > running X on a server, or actually, on any system where you can avoid it.
> >
>     Noted.

	I have to (slightly) disagree with this.  It used to be a given that
you didn't run X on a server.  There were security and performance
issues that made it much easier to just not install it.  However, with
modern HW and the work being done with X lately, it isn't unreasonable
to have it install in a minimal configuration.  I find that it's handy
to have either mwm or vtwm running on a server.  It's extremely rare
that I have to actually physically log into one but when I do need to
it's quite the time (and headache) saver.

	But this is just one man's opinion.